Welcome to Ms. Milos' class website.
My contact information is 248-7220
We are looking forward to an amazing adventure filled year. We will all grow, explore,create, question and most of all have fun this year, but we will work hard and be middle school ready!!!! Here are a few housekeeping details.
Healthy snacks are allowed in class as well as drinks, such as water, coconut water, teas, please no sodas, or sugary drinks.
Snacks can be fruit fresh or dried, nuts ( no nut allergies in class), veggies. yogurt. Anything healthy. No candy allowed in class, please do not bring or send any.
Please go to www.signupgenius.com to schedule a conference, just follow these steps. This will be available by October 3, Sign Up Genius is now live!!
1.Go to signupgenius.com
2.Click on find sign up, (upper right)
3.Type in my email firstname.lastname@example.org
4.Pick your time and date, I will be notified and you will get a reminder email
CALVIN CREST CAMP October 30-November 3. The cost per student is now only $40 !!! More info to come later. I need camp chaperones!!! Camp does not happen without you. I need at least 3 men and 3 women to go to camp with us as chaperones. Please contact me or sign up at Back to School.
Camp paperwork is due by October 17 along with the $40
Parent Chaperone meeting TBD @ 5:30 PM Rm 22
Medication in original containers need for camp by October 21 (Do not send with Student, deliver to me)
* Please sign and return the Monday green folder every Tuesday.
* Agendas should be checked with homework and signed daily after completed. ( we are a triad parents, teacher and student each have a part in the success of your student)
* Back To School Night is Thursday August 17, from 6:00-8:00. Can't wait to meet all of you!
* We will have two fundraisers for camp, Fund Run and Cookie Dough sales
* We will try to update this site every week or two, projects will be posted here, but NOT homework.
* Your child should already have a library card and a flash drive for computer work.
* If you do not have a computer at home, no problem, we have a lab here and 16 mini computers in class. The county library also has computers.
* Enrichment reading is required,(a suggested reading list will be sent home), all other books need to be 6th grade level or above, and I need to see them. These are used for the Reading Projects.
* Reading must be signed by a parent or guardian every day in the agenda.
Test Carrel due by Monday, August 22 ( This is also for a math grade)
Reading Project (students have a list of project ideas), or can come up with their own. Books must be grade level or above and approved by me.
Calvin Crest Camp October 30-November 3
Nutcracker Friday December 8, 9:00-12:00 Saroyan Theater $8.00
Stanford University 5:30AM-8:00PM (Tentative) Date TBD
San Francisco Exploratorium and Chinatown 5:30AM - 8:00PM Date TBD
June 5, Wild Water 9:00 3:00
Art Museum 3-4 trips date TBD
Udu Drums- are a clay pot drum traditionally made by women in Nigeria.
We will be making these out of clay After they are glazed and fired we will study sound through them and play some beautiful music!
This site will be updated every few weeks. Stay tuned for more information!